Naming companies is so difficult. The number of constraints a name must satisfy only seems to grow each year. Between the dearth of available domain names, acceptability in other languages and international markets you might go into, it's surprising we don't have more names like Zzyzx.
Here are some resources to help with the process:
- List of root words - It can be useful to combine these with a word or words relating to your business.
- Sites that combine a few select words and check their availability: Wordoid, NameBoy.com
- Etymologies of existing company names: Wikipedia List, Business Insider article
- Sites that search for a name across various TLDs: Domai.nr, Lean Domain Search
- How to name your startup by Jason Calacanis - Excellent post with additional resources
- Before naming your startup read this - Another great post with resources